JEFF ELWOOD (SALES REPRESENTATIVE FOR ROYAL LEPAGE PROALLIANCE REALTY, BROKERAGE – INDEPENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED) OPEN HOUSE CONTEST 2019 RULES & REGULATIONS
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN EXCLUSIVELY TO RESIDENTS OF FRONTENAC COUNTY, LENNOX AND ADDINGTON, AND PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO
AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
By participating in the OPEN HOUSE CONTEST 2019 (the “Contest”), each entrant (hereafter referred to as the “Entrant”) agrees to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules
(the “Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor (defined below) with respect to all aspects of this Contest, which are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. EST June 20th, 2019 and ends at 4:00 PM EST June 23, 2019 inclusive (the “Entry Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, go to Instagram (the “Platform”), during the Entry Period and follow the following guidelines. “Entries” represent a submission in the draw. Limit of 4 Entries per person.
For 1 Entry, the Entrant must like the original Instagram post for the Contest
For 1 Entry, the Entrant must leave a comment under the original Instagram post and tag someone who the Entrant thinks would like to view this home and visit the designated Open House specified in the original Instagram post for the Contest
For 1 Entry, the Entrant must re-post the original Instagram post for the Contest.
The Entrant must have a public social media profile on the Platform used for contest entry. To be eligible, your Entries must be received within the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules.
Alternate Entry Method: Attend the OPEN HOUSE on either Saturday June 22nd or Sunday June 24th between 2:00pm-4:00pm and leave your full name, email address, and telephone number. There is a limit of one (1) Alternate Entry Method per Entrant as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. All entries are collectively referred to as “Entries”. There is a limit of one (4) Entries per person/email address/Account permitted during an Entry Period. For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) email address/Account to enter the Contest. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (4) Entries per person/email address/Account during an Entry Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address or Account to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and their Entries will be voided. Your Entries will be rejected if (in the
sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry is not fully completed and submitted during the applicable Entry Period. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late,
lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
4. THE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There will be one (1) prize available to be won following the Entry Period by one (1) Entrant.
• Two (2) bottles of MacKinnon Brothers Brewing beer, Six (6) cans of MacKinnon Brothers Brewing beer, Two (2) Drinking Glasses, One (1) reusable MacKinnon Brothers tote bag, One (1) bottle of craft soda. Approximately $65 total value for Prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCESS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during each Entry Period. Following the Entry Period, there will be a random draw (the “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries received during that Entry Period (see Rule 3 above), to select an Entrant eligible to win a Prize. The Entrant eligible to win will be contacted by the Sponsor on Instagram), by direct message in order to obtain their e-mail address for further communication, whereby the selected Entrant will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a winner. Following the Draw, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the selected Entrant (using the information provided by direct message) within three (3) business days of the Draw. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of the Draw, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant). The winner will be contacted on June 23rd, 2019 at 9:00pm by Direct Message through the Platform the winner entered on and be notified by a tag by the Sponsor to send the Sponsor a direct message to redeem the prize.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected Entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; (b) confirm compliance with these Rules; (c) acknowledge acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (d) release the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (e) agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected Entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to respond to the notification of being selected as a potential winner within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant). The Sponsor will be responsible for following up with the prize winner no more than three (3) times and will, in no way, be responsible for ensuring they redeem the prize.
6. PRIZE CONDITION AND REDEMPTION DISCLAIMER
a. PRIZE: The Prize will be delivered to the Prize Winner’s home address within the aforementioned eligible geographic areas of the Contest within one (1) week of the Prize Winner being notified of their winning of the Contest. Alternatively, the Prize Winner may choose to pick up the Prize at the Sponsor’s office located at 640 Cataraqui Woods Drive at an agreed upon time between the Prize Winner and the Sponsor.
b. The PRIZE must be accepted as awarded. The PRIZE may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of a Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
c. The PRIZE winner must be of legal drinking age in Ontario (19 years old) at the time of entry and will be required to show a piece of government photo identification showing the winner’s name, address, and date of birth at the time of PRIZE delivery or pickup.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
8. DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry, Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry to be received for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
b. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete or misdirected Entries. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected Entrant who will be notified by direct message and informed of all necessary arrangements. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or Entrants.
c. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the username submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned the selected username by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. An Entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the username associated with the Entry in question and that he/she has all necessary consents, permissions and/or licenses as required by these Rules.
d. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason.
e. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant’s Entry in the Contest or entitlement to a Prize, if the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, use of multiple mice or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including, without limitation, any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means). Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will automatically be disqualified.
g. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
h. Should an Entrant wish to not be entered into the Contest following completion of the Entry, they should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request that their Entry be rendered null and void.
i. This contest is not intended to solicit clients currently under contract with another Brokerage.
This promotion and contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, The Lodge Coffee House or Mackinnon Brothers Brewing.